Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Have A Christlike Love- John 15:9-12

The gospels tell the story and the ministry of Jesus Christ.

They also tell us what Jesus' wants us to do as His followers. Mainly He tells us to love one another. He even tells us how we should love, using His perfect life as the model.

John 15:9-12"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.
Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will
remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands
and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may
be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is
this: Love each other as I have loved you."

How should we love one another? Jesus made it very clear. The Father loves the Son. The Son obeys the Father and remains in his love. Obey Jesus and remain in his love. This is not "I'll love you as long as you love me back". It's a commandment to love each other just as we are loved. Since we know that God and Jesus always love us, no matter what, then we should be glad to obey.

You are never wrong when you love

If we don't obey does that mean God and Jesus stop loving us? I don't think that's what the scripture is saying. Jesus says we will remain in his love if we obey his commands. I think he's warning us that we separate ourselves from the benefit of his love by our disobedience. He doesn't stop loving us, anymore than we stop loving our children when they disobey. But, we are taking ourselves out of his love. We stop experiencing it as long as we remain rebellious. This must be why we are constantly called to repent.

To acknowledge our sin. Then we can move out of the shadows and back into the light of God's love. If you are thinking, this all sounds good, but there are some people you just can't love, don't despair. We all probably feel that way at times, especially towards those who have hurt and wronged us. Again, remain in Jesus' love. Jesus loves everybody. He will love others through us. It's just another example of why we must continually let Him direct our lives and control our wills.



Credit to: www.livingthesolution.com
.....................................................
Love Poems http://wishanddesire.blogspot.com/2009/10/love-poems.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment to help us improve.